Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Battle of the brushes ---- Sigma vs. Mac

I have been wanting to do this post for several months but I am a little fearful.  There are some big bloggers that totally have lines within Sigma and would bash this post.  Luckily, I am a small and independent blogger and can say whatever the you know what I want.  I guess that's the great thing about being an independent.  All I can say is yes Sigma brushes are good but Mac are better.  I know there is a big price difference and I was sucked into buying less expensive brushes based on these great reviews look who is doing these reviews.  There is a big difference between the two and you might not notice if you have perfect skin.  Sigma brushes do not get clean even with the best brush cleanser, Mac brush cleaner.  No one will deny the magical power of Mac brush cleaner.  It doesn't matter if you have perfect skin or not.  I don't want a dirty brushes on my skin.  The eye brushes are pretty good at getting clean and application is just ok.  I can tell the difference from a Mac brush and a Sigma.  I don't know what possessed me to buy the Sigma F86 a tapered brush and F80 the flat kabuki.  I guess I started watching a little too much YouTube.  To get these two brushes clean you really need a lot of Dawn soap plus something a little abrasive.   Sigma actually sells a glove that they recommend you buy to clean your brushes.  What is that?  A sign.  Oh, an it is not cheap it costs like $30.00?  That should be a red flag another bad thing about Sigma is that their shipping charges are outrageous and there is no break for buying more.  Mac has free shipping everyday as does Nordstrom.  To me I am sorry I went the cheap route.  I am slowly buying a brush here and there.  I gotta admit though, sometimes clean hands are the best thing for putting on makeup.

Don't forget to subscribe.

No comments: