Sunday, February 2, 2014

Infinity Pro Curl Secret: The Low Down Truth

I recently purchased the Infinity Pro Curl Secret and the bottom line is that it is a wonderful product and I love it.  Little story.  When I was four years old I had thin hair just be low my shoulder.  My cousin and I were to be flower girls at my aunt's wedding.  My cousin had long easy to curl hair.  Me, I was born bald did get hair till I was around two.  Make a long story short she came out with beautiful ringlet curls while my aunts yanked and pulled my hair trying to make something out of it.  That incident was immortalized by a 12X18 portrait of my cousin in my grandmother's living room in her flower girl dress and all that hair.  The point of this story is that I  too can get ringlet curls easily now.  And my cousin can spend an hour getting hers where mine only takes 15 minutes.  Ha ha!  Christy!  I always felt so inferior seeing that picture which later in life was replaced with her in her wedding gown but we were no longer children and I really felt bad when she said she wished she had hair like mine.  I remember her actually ironing her hair with an iron to get straight hair.  I know straightening iron but we are talking 1990.   I don’t know who invented the straightening iron but you have to admit it is a great tool.  I use even with straight hair just for the shine it gives.  They are great. 
Now, this product is definitely not for everyone.  I feel it is specifically for people with thin hair.  I tired it on my niece who has long beautiful straight hair but the circumference of her pony tail is probably 2 1/2".  Mine is about an inch which is thin.  So, it took almost an hour to do all her hair.  She was really frustrated but it proved my point that this product works best on thin hair.  Some might say this is not fair.  But not every beauty product can be sold to the masses. Like I have tiny eyelashes and if I want long lashes I do need falsies.  If you have ever seen TiffanyD of YouTube fame, you notice she has the longest lashes and doesn’t need anything more than mascara and her eyes just pop.  There are all types of makeup even from the same line, why?  Because some of us have oily skin, some combination, dry, some acne prone etc…So not all beauty products are for everyone and this just happens to be one of those.  Now I have heard of one called Baby Bliss which is sold at Sally’s and is the industrial version of this.  I thought this was pretty high tech but this Baby Bliss can actually curl your hair in different directions, which apparently is appealing to some.  To me,  I am just happy to get a curl.  It does last all day with hair spray and stays till the next day which is nice because then you can do a high flirty ponytail or a messy side braid.  
 
DSCF2517
Here is the box and the apparatus.  It is not heavy which I really like.  It does have three settings a 12 second setting, an 10 and 8 and all those settings can be high or low.  It doesn’t make sense to me  I just usually use 10 high.
curler2
 
I just finished drying my hair.  I usually let it air dry for about 30 minutes and then two minutes with the hair dryer and it is done.  I did not use any type of product on my hair other that just a wash and condition.  I have never been one to use anything else.  Dressing up usually means I will use some type of hair decoration because my hair did not hold a curl and if it did I would have to spend at least an hour doing it and then it was overdone.  So,  I always have stuck to adorning my hair for dressy situations.
 
 
curler4
This is a 10 second high curl.  I don’t think I would ever wear my hair this curly unless it was much longer.  I am going to let it grow only two more inches and that is it.  My hair used to be about three inches above my butt.  My husband wants it longer but it is just too hard to color and style.  So the compromise was two inches.  I loved my bob and at the time I had it it was necessary but I know I won’t be able to have long hair in some years so I want to have it as long as I can.
 
 
DSCF2504 (2)
This was the look I wanted a tussled wave.  This is my second time I used the curler and I did start in the back.  I always tackle the hardest things first so at the end I only have easy things to do and I know I will finish.  It could look a little neater but this is just a demo.
 
DSCF2508
This is a tighter curl.  What I do when I curl and my curls are too tight,  I just steam up the bathroom and get out before it takes all my hair down then I quickly spray.  I still like Sebastian Shaper.  I know there might be newer products on the market that work better but I have used it for years.  I have a bottle that is around five years old.  That is how often I use hair spray. 
DSCF2507
These are somewhat looser but still a curl I could never achieve with a curling iron. This was the curl I wore the day I used it.
DSCF2508
Here are some more.
 
 
DSCF2509
Here are some pretty tight ones.  I did run my fingers through it.  I really did not plan on using this picture but I think you can kind of tell that these curls are tighter.
 
So, that is my review.  Some people hate it some love it.  I will say one thing it is pretty hearty.  I dropped mine in the toilet and quickly got it out and thought for sure it would not work because of the turning barrel.  The first time I used it after that I could her the sound of some water so.  I just gave it some more time and dried it with my hair dryer and it has been working just fine.  I just don’t use it in the bathroom.   I hope this helps if you have been thinking about buying one of these.  I got mine at Ulta for $79.99.  It retails for $99.99 but I used a 20% off coupon.  They are sold at other places such as Wal-Mart, Target, and I think Sally’s but I have never seen them on sale at Wal-Mart or Target.   So, wait for that 20% off at Ulta.  I think they have a coupon out right now.  I hope this helps and if you have any questions leave them in the comments or email me directly.
 
Ciao,
Patty


No comments: