Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I hope everyone has great plans for this evening.  Writing this post I got to thinking who is St. Valentine and why is it today that we celebrate a day that also marks a day in American history where a literal massacre occurred under the command of Al Capone in Chicago.  I didn’t think there was much we could do about the massacre happening that day since it was planned that way by Capone but I was curious to find out who St. Valentine was.  So, I did a little research and found that there are many St. Valentines so the Roman Catholic Church just designated this day to celebrate all of them.  They picked this day because the first St. Valentine died in Rome in the Middle Ages.  So, they talk about some other ones but there was one who secretly married couples so husbands would not have to go to war.  There were many not a lot of them had anything to do with love and romance.  So, it must be true this is a holiday created by the floral, chocolate and greeting card industries.  Anyway, it comes around every year and I think we as women put a lot more stock into it than men.  Oh, I just think of all the catastrophes and candy coated stories I have heard of through the years from girlfriends and some guys.  But I think for us who are in fashion it is kind of of a time where it starts to be okay to pull out those fuchsia dresses and start making that transition into spring.  So, I have two different manicures.  I know which one I am going to wear but you guess. 

 

Here is the first one.  I kind of call this the sophisticated lady.  I used Pseudo Silk Kimono and Red Boxer Shorts from Deborah Lippmann.  Both are that soft matte finish which is really pretty but in white really streaky.  I had to use three coats of the white.    You can really dress this up with some rhinestones but I like it plain.

 

 

debv

 

 

debv2

 

 

debv3

 

 

debv4

 

 

 

debv7

 

The next one is the cool chick manicure.  I do like it because it is kind of a yin yang creation.   I don’t know if Christy from KB Shimmer was thinking about this when she created it but it has pink hearts and black ones.   I feel the black ones represent lost love.  Sometimes I think we need to remember our lost loves.  I don’t know if any of you have loves that have died but I have and that is who I think about.  The pink ones representing todays love because without the lost loves in our lives we would not have todays loves.  Getting mushy.  Ok, manicure.  U Rock My Heart Glitter polish from KB Shimmer and OPI’s Emotions (total coincidence but makes this manicure even more emotional) on accent and thumb. 

 

 

rockkb3

 

 

rockkb6

 

 

 

rockkb10

 

 

rockkb5

 

 

rockkb7

So can you guess which one I wore.  That’s right the second one.  It just brought out so much emotion.  You can purchase KB Shimmer Polish at their website.  I think this one might be around for a while but never know.  So, if you want a bottle check out their website.

 

Ciao,

Patty

No comments: