Friday, January 24, 2014

Who Is Your Favorite Princess?

What is it with Princesses?  Little girls all want to be princesses and I don’t know many little girls who are not referred to as Princess in their family.  Some of us are obsessed with monarchies.  People were mesmerized by the wedding of Princess Diana to the frog of a Prince, Prince Charles.  The same happened when Prince William married Kate.  I am saddened to hear that Prince Henry might get married.  He so much fun.  I want to party with him.  When I was growing up the monarchy of the gossip was that of Monaco.  Princess Grace and her children mainly Stephanie and Caroline.  Now, they have pretty much just faded out of popularity or was it that Princess Diana came into the picture and we were all mesmerized by her?  Either way so many of us think what the life of a Princess is like.  I was thinking the other day we are all princesses even Queens.  Now, I know that not everyone had this type of childhood and I let me say in advance that I know how you feel that is why  I became a social worker to help children and families.   The reason I say we are all princesses is because we grew up in a home (the kingdom) and it was ruled by a King (our father) and a Queen (our mother).  So, doesn’t that make me a princess?  Some of us might have been like Cinderella having so many chores but she still got her prince.  Snow White married into her princess position because she really was a peasant living in the woods of her kingdom and boy did she come with luggage 7 little men.  Ariel was already a princess and was bound to have to marry into royalty and she did.  Mulan was a princess, more of a modern day princess.  She joined the armed forces and fought for her country.  Then their was Belle the intellectual who overlooked the ugly prince but her love turned him into a handsome prince.  My favorite princess is Sleeping Beauty.  Hiding out in the woods with three fairy godmothers but it was her fate to touch that needle and sleep for years only to be awaken by the kiss of a handsome prince.  I know there have been other Disney princesses but Mulan was as far as I went.  I think we all personally relate to one of them and that is why we favor one over the other.  So, when you are feeling down remember you are a beautiful princess.   No one can take that away from you. 

I just had to tell that little story because sometimes I do feel down and while it is fantasy it just makes me feel better and makes me laugh. 

Today I have a-England’s Briarwood.  It is exactly what I expect from a polish from a-England.  I looked at a lot of lists and I can’t remember anyone choosing an a-England polish.  They really make great polishes with such a great consistency and long wear.  I remember the first bottle I bought was Dragon and I haven’t even done a post on it.  I have so many of them and love all of them.  I remember when they were only available through their main website and they had a free shipping sale.  That is when I bought my first one.  I do treasure my collection.  The thing I love about a-England is that there is rarely a surprise you know what you are going to get.  They are consistent so you never really have to worry about the quality.  You can purchase a-England polishes at their website if you are in the UK.   Stateside you can get them at Ninja Polish or at Llarowe.  They cost $10.00 on both sites.

Ciao Bella,

Patty

 

 

DSCF0581 

DSCF0582

DSCF0584

DSCF0587

DSCF0590

No comments: