Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Favorites of 2013. Part 1

Last year I did not do a favorites because I just really put it off but swore I would not let that happen this year.
There is a big difference between the way some people I know do their nails and the way I do.  The difference is prep.  Most people don't know about prep so I am going to tell of some products I use that work well for me.  Now just remember though, I am 50 years old ( in four months).
I don't cut my cuticles unless I see a little piece of skin that will turn into a hang nail.  I use blue cross/blue shield cuticle remover.  I just gently use an orange stick to clean and then a nail brush with Lush Sandstone Soap.  It is a gentle exfoliating soap.  Dry up and start my nails.  If my nails are stained and I don't have nail whitener.  I used whitening toothpaste or denture tablets this really works and is somewhat cheaper.  I usually use Seche Vite base coat if I am using a polish I know stains the other one I use is CDN Base coat.  I haven't found a low end brand that I like.  Then I paint and I have some tricks for glitter.
My favorite cuticle cream is a tie:  high end- Lush Lemony Flutter and CD abricot cuticle cream.
Both of these have a similar texture.
Favorite low end brand:  Burt's Butter cuticle cream.  This one has a different texture.  It has more of a lanolin feel.
Hand cream. High end-Lush Handy guguru.  This cream has like a healing treatment.  The more you use it the better you hands get.
Low end hand cream is definitely Silicone Glove from Avon.  This creme has staying power and keeps your hands soft for an extended period of time.

So now the big ones POLISH
My favorite high end polish is Deborah Lippmann .
My favorite mainstream is Zoya.  For years it was OPI  but that has changed.
My favorite low end brand is definitely Essence.
Now indie:  There is just a big tie.  My favorites are KB Shimmer and Whimsical Ideas by Pam.  They are both very different polishes and I love them both.  I usually end up getting their whole lines. Both Pam and Christy are just really honest hard working business women who I totally admire.  So, in deciding this category their work ethics played a big roll in my choice.
So, those are my favorites.  In the next part I plan to reveal my favorite posts and revisit one that just didn't get the love it deserved.

Ciao,
Patty

No comments: