Friday, January 10, 2014

Best of 2013 and things I Just Did Not Like

So, this is my last post of best and things I just did not like.
The best thing that happen was that gay marriage was approved in California!  Yeah!  I'm telling you I am dying to get out of this stick up your butt state in more ways than one.
So, I'll get to that.  This is what I hate about this year: Texas COPS.  I hate them after what happen that I haven't said anything about I swear even if I get stabbed or someone breaks in my home those are the last people I am going to call.  Never in my life has cop protected me and I hate them.  This summer I was feeling depressed and couldn't remember the number of the crisis hotline so I called 911 and before I knew it I was in the corner of my polish room crying while five cops were in here asking me all types of weird questions.  They were making fun of me because of all the polish.  I was just crying  and explained I had bad PTSD especially around them if they could just please leave me alone.  They started blaming me for calling them.  Then I uttered.   I just don't want to be here.  That was it they handcuffed me and threw me in the back of a police cruiser.  I had been in my pajamas and was not even given the chance to at least put the proper clothes on.  They took me downtown where I was stripped searched in front of three women an one man and no privacy.  I felt raped then I was taken like a criminal to this holding cell where they placed a bed in front of the bathroom and told me I was to sleep there.  Men and women were not segregated.  This isn't the end of the two day horror but this is how our state treats individuals with a mental illness.  We've come a long way haven't we.
I should have left that for the end because I really can't think of anything good.  So who is to say you don't get the same treatment in California?  No, they don't do that they are much more liberal and have better trained staff to deal with a crisis.  So, what I do like is my husband's company is in negotiations to buy some restaurants in California and he'll be first in line to ask for a transfer.  So that is a good thing.

I think I'm ready to start a great 2014.  I hope you do too.
Ciao,
Patty


I would like to add this while yes I do have a diagnosis of depression and PTSD.  That doesn't mean I am not totally functioning.  I take medication because my depression is of the clinical type where my brain does not excrete the proper amount of endorphins needed to be happy.  If something was to happen to Goldie my reaction would be like anyone else who lost and care for a dog.  

No comments: