Monday, December 30, 2013

Special Editorial. What will we see in 2014?

Today, I do have two new posts but want to take a minute to talk about the new year because 2013 just totally sucked on every level.  We've seen some major changes in the direction that nail polish is going in.  One big thing is the indie revolution but how are they going to survive when mainstream lines are creating polish to rival them and I really hate to say this at a much lower price.  How will indies survive?  I think they might be surviving only in the blogger world.  I went to Sally's the other day and was talking to a girl who worked there.  She was admiring my polish.  I started telling her about the indie market.  She said she knew about Etsy, Llarowe and ninja polish.  She said first the polish was expensive and anything she saw there she could make herself.  It really got me to thinking I had done a post on how to create a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Cleopatra in New York and recently gave away an expensive polish knowing all I had to do was mix this with this and create the same polish.  But at the same time there are many that are not easily reproduced.  Like I would not know how to reproduce a duo chrome but some mainstream companies do.  So, it will be interesting to see what happens there.
On a personal note I know my posts have dropped by at least 50%.  The reason, some has been medical and some has been I am not doing the posts I want to do.  I don't want to do a bunch of reviews and have not gotten in over my head accepting polish from vendors.  Doing that will surely be my demise.  I like nail art and that's just what you are going to see much more of in 2014.  There are plenty of bloggers who do reviews.  We don't need another one.  I will do it occasionally but it really isn't my thing.  So, I hope this helps give me and you a picture of what this blog will look like in 2014.  I will be doing best of posts this week.
Ciao for now,
Patty

No comments: