Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year


Oh, yeah.  I remember them.  New Year has always been one of my favorite holidays.  No religious affiliations.  Everybody used to drink like fish and we got dressed up and ready for a long night.  That was many years ago.  So, I am reminiscing about what our New Year’s used to be like.  My brother in law, most eligible bachelor in town, always had the party that was the place to be.  He would go all out.  No joke.  He would hire a bartender.  Caterers.  My ex’s family was from Mexico so there was always mariachi’s and the best local band.  It was great by 12 everyone was really happy but at 2 minutes to 12 my sister and I always disappeared.  We would always go for the bathroom.  We were the two sisters with the long hair and the hosts special guests.  So, everyone was really nice to us, sometimes too nice.  At 12:00 there would always be some drunk older man trying to kiss us and wish us a happy new year only happened once.  We got wise the next years and would hide in the bathroom.  We would sit there and give each other a hug and wish each other a happy new year.  It was a ritual.  Once my brother in law’s parties ran their course and we started to go out we kept the tradition of hiding in the bathroom.  Every year we talk about those parties.  So, what do we do now.  Get together, eat chili, and watch movies.  Those were good times and something we will always remember and make new year’s special for us no matter where we are.   So, today I did a manicure that I would have worn to one of those parties.  All dressed up with black polish and the beautiful XX from Cirque the glitters sparkle like crystal.  This polish is so beautiful.  I totally love it.  It does remind me a little of Lynderella’s Shape Shifter which I also have but this one has more color to it and just makes it more fun and isn’t as expensive it cost about $12.00 a bottle and you can get Cirque polishes at their website.

Have a Happy New Year and I will be here next year.

DSCF1958


DSCF1960


DSCF1965


DSCF1966


DSCF1967


DSCF1968


Ciao bella,
Patty

No comments: