Saturday, October 12, 2013

What’s A Girl To Do?

So, what do you do if you win a little money say at the racetrack.  All your bills are paid and it is just wild money.  You do what any polishaholic does.  You go buy an expensive bottle of nail polish.  Well, at least that is what I did.  My husband and I went to the racetrack and won a little money.  They had a great sale at Dillard's where the men’s shirts were get this 65% off then 60% off of that.  My husband went wild and got like 12 shirts for under $100.00.   I got two Marc Jacobs nail polishes this one and a purple one.   You’ll see it later in the week.  Plus, Victoria’s Secret had panties 7 for $26.00 and we found this really pretty quilt set at Macys.  We spent about $200.00.  I also ordered a purple dress from Zulily and just a basic black turtle neck.  It was a great day for the Greenberg's but after all the crap we have been through I really think we deserved this splurge.  The rest of the money goes into savings.  Everyone is happy.  So,  I have really been down and feel that some of my posts have been pretty maudlin so I decided to right a happy post because gratefully I am happy today and I hope this is just the beginning of a new period of happiness.
A lot has happened this month and while it is breast cancer awareness, ovarian cancer and Spanish heritage month it is also depression awareness month and I have been working on a post to sum up my year of living with depression.   But just because you suffer from depression does not mean you are sad all the time it just means that something in your brain does not create enough hormones to make you happy without some help but I’ll talk about that later.  I am living proof that you can be happy even with a disease that goes against you having those feelings.
So, this polish is Florescent Beige and it has the prettiest shimmer I just love it.  It is described as iridescent light mauve pink.   I was going to get Daisy but it was really kind of blah.  It was a flat beige pink but did not have the shimmer this one has you can see it in picture two and three.  I love my nudes and when they shimmer like this one, I love them even more.  So, I got this at Sephora, it did cost $18.00.  I also got Ultraviolet but I ordered it because if you are a beauty insider for the month of October you can go to Sephora’s website and they are offering all kinds of free stuff.  I got free shipping so I ordered Ultraviolet and one of the new Sephora Effects polishes.  So, those will be coming soon.  So, I am off to end my night with a great Lush bath, they have some really great new bath bombs, I still have some that I ordered from X-Mas last year. 
Ciao for now,
Patty

marc1

marc3

marc15

marc12

No comments: