Friday, October 11, 2013

Mish Mash Challenge A Book

Warning:  This post may offend some people.  I hope it is taken as just what it is going to be a post about a book. 

When I saw the book challenge I always want to back out. The last one I did was a nightmare and this was easier but may deal with some controversial ideas.  When I was in college I had to take 12 hours of literature.  We had our choice of World 1 and 2, British 1 and 2, and American 1 and 2.  Well, I was sick of American history and wasn’t about to take a class to read stories about the revolutionary war.  I remembered in elementary school we took one semester of World geography and I just barely got by so I figured I would revisit World geography through Literature.  So, the very first book we read was quite a surprise to me but this was world literature and it started at the beginning  and when I say at the beginning I kind of mean “In the beginning”.   That’s right the first book we read was Genesis from the bible.  I found that odd being that I was going to a state school and felt it was religious but it is a part of historical world literature.  Everyone knows the story and everyone has their own thoughts on it and believe me in a room of people no matter what religion it was something we all shared.  We had a very progressive professor who challenged us to really think about what we were reading.  So, I thought this is a good book to do everyone knows it. Now, I don’t remember the order so I just put the important things in this manicure.  On the thumb you start out with a galaxy nail, then water with fish, plant life, animals, man (I went ahead and through women in there I think according to the story she was created after the seventh day.  I couldn’t find our bible)  but I drew the sign for man and women on the pinkie and then of course there is nothing else because on the seventh day was rest.  I know I missed a day I think it was the sun and the moon but five fingers didn’t give me room but no one said it had to be exact.  So, here my mani and that’s my story.


Book1


Book3


Book4
The ring is a tease

Ciao for now,
Patty

Let’s see what the other girls came up with I am really excited to read and see them all.

No comments: