Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Overexposed Dress from Macy's

If you live anywhere a Macy's you have seen this dress. Well guess who has it.  Yes me.  I would have never expected to buy a dress that was going to gain such over exposure.  I kind of always prided myself in being a bit of a trendsetter.  In high school, I never shopped in the stores that other girls did and was voted best dressed.  So, every time I see my dress in another flyer or commercial I want can't help but laugh at myself.

So, this summer is the summer of the artsy matchy manicure for me.  When I wore this dress I did this manicure.


It is not a watercolor but a technique I saw in YouTube by the beautiful Ms. Jen Fabulous.  I painted my nails with all Essie polish,  I used Cabana Boy as a base color then dotted Boom Boom Room, Madison Ave., Saturday Disco Night and OPI's Need Sunglasses.  Ok, the main thing is that you ensure that the base color is dry.  I always go ahead and put a coat of Seche Vite on.  Seche Vite is good in different stages of it's age.  When it new it is thin and watery and that is the best time to use it when you need to ensure your polish is dry like for stamping, gradients, putting glitter polish on etc.  So, now that my nails are dry, I randomly plopped some colors on my nails.  Then got some Saran Wrap and pressed the polish down to cover the nail and then gently removed the Saran Wrap.  Once the polish was dry I applied top coat.  It does take a little work but the results are really nice.










 


 

 
Ciao Bella's,
Patty

No comments: