Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Nails INC feathers

  Hi, I hope everyone had a good weekend.  So, since my birthday is this month, I got a lot of offers for big savings and discounts from several of my favorite stores.  Like sephora gave me 15% off any thing online or in the store.  Now, my husband and I have come up with a little "scheme".  If you live where there are Kroger's the have a fuel reward point system.  They give you one point for every dollar you spend but if you buy gift cards it doubles and every other month they actually quadruple it.  So, one $25.00 gift card gives you 100 points.  Now for every 100  points you get 10 cents off a gallon of gas.  So, we always have gift cards .  One month, when it was quadruple points we earned 3000 points.  We paid 1.34 a gallon of gas.  So, I  usually buy Nordstrom, Sephora, eBay, and Amazon.  It just depends.  So this month, I had 3  $25  gift cards so, I decided to sock up om makeup and mascara.  I had some money left and reluctantly bought this.  I read one bad review but curiosity got the best of me.

This is what I found, i used a light green polish then two coats of the polish which dries pretty fast.  Then I used a regular coat of top coat Seche vite.  Then one coat of a polymer top coat I got from Julep.  It was smooth and gave me no trouble.  I really liked it.  It remained me somewhat of floam.  It is very pretty.  It comes in threes other colors, blue and white, (I might go get that one)orange and blue, and orange and white.  The trick her is the color you use, for example for the blue and white you can use a pale blue or whit and then proceed to put the " feathers" on.  The feathers are nothing more than a matte bar glitter.  It is a really nice casual look for weekends.  This is not something you would wear to something dressy.  So one bad review did not scare me off and I am glad I took the chance with this polish.  It retails or $9.50 at Sephora.


feathers2

feathers

feathers5

feathers7

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I got the blue/orange and have yet to try it. I think it's an interesting look. I don't really like bar glitters in general, but I thought these seemed smaller and more interesting.