Thursday, April 18, 2013

Kimber’s Challenge A-Z Letter O

Today letter O stands for what else can you expect from me, sorry, O stands for Nars Orgasm.  I remember when this collection came out everyone went wild for it.  It is still popular today.  I got this polish less than a year ago because I just really like corals and thought it would be naughty to have.   So, the formula on this one better than last week’s Night Porter but it does take a while to dry and when it is late and you want to go to sleep and your husband is asking you in that way to come to bed I just look at him and say I gotta do this.  You can imagine what his response is.  But I do love the color but again is it worth the price tag and I just got to say no.  I bought it because my daughter was in town and she has the blush and lipstick and I told her I would buy the nail polish to match.  She was up an hour doing her nails just because this polish needs three coats for opacity and then like ten minutes in between coats to dry.  So, here I am with another bad review.  Third one this month, I am just being honest but with this one I can at least see some nice stamping going on and the color isn’t that bad just not Wow!  So, here are my pictures.
 
 
orgasm5
 
 
orgasm10
 
orgasm
 
 
So, now I have a question for all those who haven’t seen this yet.  This is from GALS plate 24.  What is this image?  I think it goes appropriately with this polish.  Maybe I should take it to the streets.  I should go to the mall wearing this polish and see what kind of reactions I get.   I am going to do that.  It is literally driving me crazy because some of you know what I think it is.  I just might have to write to GALS and find out what it is.  But I’ll have a little fun with it before I do that.
 
orgasm30
 



Ciao for now,
Patty

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha, that's a brill combination! I reckon it's meant to be a fire but it definitely doesn't look like it ;)

Lovely mani =)

Unknown said...

I seen this polish the other day while I was browsing on Amazon! Beautiful color!

Jenni said...

Hmmm four coats and 10 minutes between each one, yeah I agree with you, not the best!

Glittery Fingers & Sparkling Toes said...

I agree with you on the polish not being worth it, and with this week's content I hope you covered Goldie's eyes!

A Mani Maniac said...

I saw you had that plate in another blog post. I laughed then, and I still haven't figured out what it is.

That coral color is pretty, but I just can't bring myself to spend that much on polish. I have a hard time buying Butter London when it's on sale.

Nailista said...

Yup. Not worth it. I don't like buying expensive polish unless they don't have dupes but this one is easily duped! *sigh* We all fall on marketing's hands sometimes...

A Polished Prance said...

That certainly is an interesting stamp haha!
It is a pretty colour but it's a shame the formula is a bit iffy. I love the matching ring

Unknown said...

Very interesting stamp. Sorry you've been having bad luck with your polishes lately, it's just a good excuse to buy more ;)

Unknown said...

Bummer about the polish, but at least the color is pretty. And, yeah, that stamp...Georgia O'Keefe would be proud ;)

Simona @lightyournails said...

A fire? Really? It looked like a flower to me, with long petals!

M. Fourey said...

Jeee that color looks fantastic with your ring!

Cristina - PeeBeforePolish said...

I think this is the first time I see NARS Orgasm nail polish, even if I've seen the matching blush everywhere!
Sorry to read about its quality, when you pay a lot of money for a single bottle you expect a better formula and pigmentation!

Lisa Chakan said...

LOLOL. You kill me, Patty! Yeah, I see it, too. LOLOL. Well, at least it goes with the polish. ;)

I'm with you: if you've got to lay down that many coats of polish; and the dry time is as abyssmal as THAT...fuhgeddaboudit. Ugh.

Pretty, but no polish is worth that aggravation.

Vixx said...

Wow....dry time like that is just crazy! I wouldn't have had the patience to get to the 4th coat. Gorgeous but for that kind of money, it's like you said, you expect more. That image reminds me of the infamous Bundle Monster vajayjay image, but sideways. I'm always tempted to wear it just for a laugh. But how perfect is it with "Orgasm!"

RiaG Beauty Blog said...

NARS Orgasm is my favorite blush and at some point I was tempted to buy the polish too. Now I'm glad I never got around to do it. Thanks for an honest review :)

And for that stamp, it certainly is .... interesting LOL

Anonymous said...

I normally don't like orange polishes but this one is so subtle and a bit nude that I really like it! It looks so great on you. Thanks for sharing :)