Friday, April 12, 2013

Essie Maximillian Strasse her

This is a new one from one of Essie's new line.  It is a sage green and really pretty.  It is from the Spring Collection.  They also have a resort collection so it is hard not to get the two mixed up.  But this is definitely from the Spring collection.  It is a sage with hints of gray two coats and a top coat and you are good to go.  I like polishes like that.  It is kind of hard to be so excited about this polish after my last post but it is really pretty.  I think it is the best color of the collection but I still did get two other colors which are equally as nice.  Essie just has a way of making great pastels.  Like Zoya makes those great neutrals.  So, this polish won't disappoint.  If you buy it on eBay it is only around $6.00.  I know I don't show enough drug store brands but when I can get Essie and China Glaze for 5 or 6 dollars the same as something from the drug store I opt for the Essie and China Glaze.  Covergirl's new line is great and I will be reviewing it tomorrow and fill you in on a secret about this polish.  I am happy with this color.  It wasn't a waste of money because I have three niece's to share it with and I just got the greatest news.  My daughter is spending the whole summer in Houston. One of my favorite blogs is  Lozloza they are a mother daughter team who have a passion for  nail polish.  I guess I am secretly a little jealous because I don't have that with my daughter living in different cities but with her here all summer we are going to have some fun and I really look forward to that and I hope you all can too.  I will have her do her own posts so we have some good stuff coming this summer. 
Ciao bellas,
Patty

 
 
max6
 
 
max5
 
 
max8
 
 
max13

What do you think about the color need it or pass?

3 comments:

Lisa Chakan said...

Love this polish. Bought it the other day at Wally World, and now I can't wait to use it. Yup, I'm like that too, re: the cost of Essie. When they recently came out with the beautiful advertisements for the Reptile Collection, I broke my drug store rule (nothing over $6), and bought one. It was an awful disappointment. Essie is good, and I adore their pastels (as you mention...a great selection), but the price? Crazy.

Patty, thanks kindly for the sweet words about our little spot of real estate on the web! I think it's so cool that your daughter will be local for the summer. All that polishing you two are going to be doing...OMG! :)

FYI and just something to keep in your maternal hat: Liz and I are located more than 6 hours apart. We like share this special brand of insanity via Skype when we can't be close enough to smell each others lacquer fumes.

Hugs.

Lisa

Essie Rae said...

I have this and just put it on yesterday! I love it. Essie is really getting better with their formula!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty color.