Sunday, March 31, 2013

Zoya Dahlia

This is Pixie Dust Dahlia from Zoya's new pixie dust collection.  It's nice, spreads smoothly but alas, I predict only a passing trend.  I haven't heard or read anyone say.  I totally love this polish, I can't live without it.  It will be around maybe one more season then, I predict with some certainty that Zoya's fall line will be glittery and holographic because that is what we really like.  Now, if you haven't seen the summer line it is probably three posts after this one.  They have a pixie dust set.  A colorful creme set and a shimmery summer color set.  All the sets are due out on April 15 th.  America's day favorite day, tax day.  So does Zoya really expect us to spend close to 150.00 for all three sets?  Yes, they do.  Everyone has a pixie dust polish perhaps the whole set.  So, what to do?  I just don't know, I love Zoya and I want all three sets but I probably won't get the pixie dust set unless, I change my birthday wish list and ask for enough gift cards to buy a set.  But I get a new polish everyday.  I usually do.  I get depressed if I don't.  I am like a drug addict who needs her fix.  I had to stop.  Now, I get one every three days.  We laugh about it and so do others but it was really starting to take over and I was an addict.  I still am.  So, I am going to limit myself to half the collection and just one pixie dust plus to fund this I am going to have a blog sale.  Watch for that in a couple of days.  So, I not all that impressed with this pixie dust.  I did a black mani with glitter embossing powder the name of the post is "Yes, You Can Wash Them" and I got more compliments than with the pixie dust, so no I am not impressed, I don't think you should invest money in the whole summer pixie dust line, save it for the "real" nail polish.  If you must buy one do so but don't get suckered into the buying the whole thing.  Go to Michael's and get some glittery embossing powder when you have a coupon or they are on sale. Cost?  About $2.00.  That is my honest review now I know that I just lost all my chances of Zoya ever giving me products to review but some times you just got to speak the truth.

Ciao for now and those celebrating Easter have a great one,
Patty



dahlia1



dahlia1


dahlia3


dahlia4

dahlia

4 comments:

Essie Rae said...

Thanks for being honest:) I probably won't get much use out of my PixieDusts. As I said on my blog, I do like them better with a top coat, and that defeats the purpose. I suggest people just try one also - don't just get the whole collection without even knowing if you like them. Have a great day!

Melissa said...

I will say actually that the Mariah Carey Liquid Sand and Zoya Godiva are actually in my top 10 of polishes, BUT that isn't to say I love every single one of the textured polishes.

Such as the pictures of the Milani/China Glaze ones...those seem kinda icky to me. Even The Impossible from the Mariah Carey, eh and totally didn't like the Wizard of Oz liquid sand.

BUT I do really enjoy some of them! To each their own.

I agree, it is a trend, because I don't think you can make every single color look good in the textures, so eventually they'll have to go back to regular colors.

Unknown said...

I actually love the Zoya Pixie Dusts. Nyx and Vespa are two of my favorite polishes right now. I like the sparkle that I see from them. I have a couple Liquid Sands ones, and I don't like them nearly as much.

That's what I love about polishes... there's something for everyone :)

Liesl said...

Oh, it's totally this year's trend, like magnetics and crackle of years past. I think it's kind of fun to see what the novelty trend of the year is. Personally, I like the textured thing better than magnetic, which I found a smidge too difficult for something so passing, and I just don't like how crackle looked, ever. I've got the OPI mini of What Wizardry is This? and I'm happy to have it because it is fun to wear for the moment, and I think it'll be fun to look back in a few years on the really trendy finishes, and I didn't have to invest much (though I do have my eye on one of the Bond Girl colors, but that's another story, lol). I don't really think Zoya necessarily expects anyone to shell out $150 for all three sets, (but surely, there are those who will, for a variety of reasons). It's all personal preference, as usual, and it's nice to have options within a brand. Most of us will likely choose the colors and finishes we like best, which may or may not include a Pixie Dust. We all have different style leanings-- some of us are trendy, some classic, some fall somewhere in between. That's pretty cool that you found a diy alternative to textured polish. It's a great, low-cost option if you put it over a less expensive base polish. Myself, if I want to try a trend, I'd rather shell out for the real thing and just slap it on. Easy-peasy. No one's suckering me into anything, lol. If I like the idea and want to try it, I will, and if not, I won't! :) Have a very Happy Easter, Patty-girl :)