Thursday, March 28, 2013

Crumpets Tri Color Challenge Day 3

I always say the only thing I will ever be on time for is my funeral.  I am always late no matter how I  plan  I am late.   Of course, when I still had that time of the month that was never late but that didn’t mean I still wasn’t late for other things in my life.  Occasionally, I am on time but I will definitely be disheveled.  The ironic thing about this is that I did this manicure last Friday so it would be ready for Tuesday but Macy’s had a BIG sale and I just got distracted.  So, that is my truth, no lie not really making excuses except for the Macy’s part. 
So this is my third entry and I decided to do a ruffle manicure.  This is so easy my 5 year old niece can do it.  The only thing you need to be mindful of is color placement.  You want to go from light to dark to make it easier.  That doesn’t mean that you can’t  go from dark to light you will just need more coats.  I started by painting the whole nail coral, then used the green with three strokes one almost at the top the next in the middle and the next one 3/4 of the way down the nail., then repeat with the purple.  As with any manicure you want to make sure your polish is dry.  This would look great for an accent finger.  You could do four rows or just two and it does look really pretty and girly or punk it out with neon pink and black. ,You could even use a glitter row but I do recommend sticking with the same finish.  If you are using metallic use all metallic, crèmes use all crèmes.  It really does look better this way.  This is definitely a whatever manicure.  I encourage everyone to just try it.
 
 
ruffles
 
 
ruffles3
 
 
ruffles5
 
 
ruffles2
 
ruffles7
 
 
ruffles8









So, it is Ciao for now I will be posting my last of the four challenges tonight.
Patty

No comments: