Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Follow-up to It’s That Time Again

A couple of weeks ago I talked about getting colds and antibiotics.  I stand behind than unless like I said it is accompanied with a fever which usually means infection then you no longer have just a cold.  What I did not talk about was the flu.  I have never gotten the flu in my life.  How?  I have no idea.   I have gotten colds and taking an MAOI I do need to get other medication because I can’t take any type of cold remedies.  The flu is usually caused by a bacteria that scientist have been able to identify so that is why we have flu shots.  I went to see my doctor and she told me and my husband we did not need to get the flu shot.  She was WRONG.  Texas has such lax laws for doctors I could tell you stories but it would just take too long.  My husband is still in the hospital with pneumonia.  The nurse in the emergency room told us that if he had gotten a flu shot he would not have gotten pneumonia.  So,  I am going to get a flu shot tomorrow.  Luckily, I got pneumonia 4 years ago after complications from surgery where the doctor punctured my phrenic nerve and paralyzed my diaphragm which means I only have one working lung. I was able to stay with my husband in his room in the hospital only because I had the shot, but how did hospital staff know that?   I could have been lying.  Hmmm.  Maybe they just don’t give a damn.  
I say get a flu and pneumonia shot if you can.  I am going to.

Ciao,
Patty

No comments: