Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Kimber’s Challenge Day 22 Inspired by a song

This was an easy category because I often do manicures based on songs and have been waiting to do this one.   Let me just say.  It took so long I can’t believe it.  It is so hard to stamp on black nail polish, but I was determined because I knew what I wanted to do.  I could see it in my head but like I said I forgot how hard it is to stamp certain colors on black.  So, the song I chose was “Every Rose Has It’s Thorn” by Poison.  I love this song.  I really like Bret Michaels too.  He is just a really cool guy.  I watched all his shows on VH1 and was so proud of him when he won Celebrity Apprentice.  I don’t know if a lot of people know this but he has juvenile diabetes.  He has to inject insulin.  He does so much for the Juvenile Diabetes Association.  He is a father  and very different from his days in Poison.  He is just a down to earth guy with two daughter he loves.
So, “Every Rose Has It’s Thorn”  is a bittersweet love song about a girl he was deeply in love with but she was a stripper and would not quit stripping and they broke up.  Bret was heart broken and wrote this song and the lyrics are so true about everyone.

Every rose has it’s thorn, just like every night has it’s dawn, just like every cowboy sings a sad sad song, every rose has it’s thorn.  Even the most beautiful rose has a flaw.  it has thorns.  Just like us we all have flaws no matter what and we just need to accept them.  No one is perfect and there is no way we can be.  Every rose that grows naturally will always have thorns.


rock of love 7

rock of love 14

There is only one way to see the whole manicure and that is finger by finger so I took pictures of each finger.

DSCF5005
This is the thumb with a rose, a naked girl and a stripper pole.

rock of love 4
This is the pinky with flames.

rock of love
This is the index finger with flames also
DSCF5021
This is the middle finger with the rose with thorns.

rock of love 17
I got inspiration from the first season DVD set of Rock of love.

So, Rock on.
Ciao bellas,
Patty

-Kat at Hooked On Polish
-Diana at Nails By Diana
-Meredith at Perfectly Polished
-Kate at The Painted Pony Nails
-Cee at Absolutely Cee
-Sam at Polished Art
-Nail Narcotics
-Nicole at Nicole Gets Nailed
-Shelby at Shelby's Swatches
-Stephanie Louise at All Things Beautiful
-Mixed Mama
-Joanna @ Sweet Polish of Mine
-Patty Greenberg
-Mari at Nailista
-Miss L at Beauty by Miss L
-Gini at Sassy Paints
-Chameleon Stampede
-Pam at Nail-E-Glance
-Me, Myself, and Polish

No comments: