Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I am telling you something is up

Unless you have been living under a bottle of nail polish you know don't know about the storm hitting New York.  As a believer in 12/12/12 hold on for more bad weather.  In Texas we are in hurricane alley.  I was watching Dancing with the Stars.  Brooke Burke was saying we are with you make sure you make use of your votes.  I laughed and said, "Bitch have you ever been in a hurricane?"  We'll I have been in several and there are no lights, no tv, shitty food, stinky people, and you don't give a crap about using dancing with the stars.  Hurricane Ike, Alan, Beulah, and Alice are the big ones I have gone through.  Then there was hurricane Rita where we were forced to evacuate because of the tragedy of Katrina.  My husband had to stay to protect his business from loiters.  I was going to my mother in law's  in Dallas with my best friend.  Then came the Thelma and Louise moment.  My friend, Carla tells me she has a gun.  I rolled  eyes ask if it is registered to her.  she said to her father.  Ok, I am thinking then comes the big question.  Is the safety on?  Now, she is nervous, I don't know and starts to cry saying we are going to be two girls out alone on the road people are going to want to steal our food, our gas and even our car and she had been watching the news and was scared.  I thought ok.  She said she did not know if it was loaded or if the safety was on.  She says you know how to use a gun.  I was like yeah, but they guys always loaded it and put the safety on.  I was just hoping she would not freak out at some point.  I had a gun pulled on me twice working with CPS but I just remained calm and left I never pulled a gun on someone.  So, I just said let me see the gun.  I saw where the safety was and put it on and it was not loaded.  I didn't tell her that and made her promise she wtould not pull the gun and freak out.  We moved two miles in four hours and decided to head south.  It wasa nightmare.  There was no gas, no food, nothing for miles.  No place to go to the bathroom.  I remember she peed in a pickle jar.  We hit an hour away from Brownsville.  we stopped ate, got gas and I got a 24 ounce beer.  We got stuck in Brownsville for five days of which we turned into a mini vacation. 
But right now we have a town where a hurricane has not hit in 140 years.  I hope they were prepared because it is no walk in the park whether you stay or evacuate.  keep and eye on the weather I predict we will see a lot of irregular patterns in the weather.

Ciao for now,
Patty

No comments: