Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Saturday Nails

 

I hope everyone had a good weekend.  I had a great one.  My son and daughter came to visit.  I had not seen my daughter in 22 years and not because I am her mother I have to say she looked absolutely beautiful.  Her hair was long and she has a very thin petite frame just like me.  We spent all day together Saturday and I was just so happy.  She told me she was looking at some pictures and wondered how she was in them and finally realized they were pictures of me when I was young.  We do look alike and have very much the same taste in fashion, music and handsome men.  I just loved having her here.  She really freaked out when she saw the polish room because it used to be her room and she still claims it as hers and it is hers.  She told me that she would not have a problem keeping the room just like it is if she ever decided to come back to Houston to go to graduate school.  She graduates next year and I am so proud of her.  I always told her, it is easy for a man to earn a decent living without much schooling but as women we need that piece of paper no matter what.  She is going to be a teacher and loves it.  I have a little bit of a hard time relating because even though I did teach.  I taught special education in High School and did not have a good experience except for one year.  I was really used to the excitement of working at Child Protective Services but you know, I would not want her to work there.  She went out with me on some neglect cases and could not believe the way some children lived I think it made her appreciate what she had.  I did it with all the kids.  My middle son actually was very bothered by it and just wanted to know why someone would not do anything for those people.  I did end up helping the family get housing, food stamps and some clothes and took my son over to see them afterward and he said that was really nice that you do that mom.  I doubt he remembers.  I don’t want to remember a lot of things I saw.  I would rather remember my time with my children and look forward to being a grandmother again. 

Friday night I showed my daughter polishes.  They don’t sell a big variety of nail polishes in our hometown but they do have OPI but she loved the Butter London and the Deborah Lippmann's.  I gave her one and ordered her one.  She took pictures of her nails and will be sending those pictures so you can she what she came up with they were both very pretty.  She says she likes glitter because she wants no sparkle on her hands right now.  That meant no boyfriend, so forget about setting me up with someone, Mom.  I told her I wasn’t even thinking that and liked what she was thinking.  So, I will have a guest model this week.  I know Lizloza are mother and daughter but I don’t know if they live in the same town but they do their blog together and I might have my daughter do some posts also. 

For my mani, I did a jelly sandwich that looks a lot like the new green polish from KB Shimmer which I almost bought.  What I used was American Apparel Sheer in Zuma Beach and Clown Puke from KB Shimmer.   I am loving American Apparel Polish and with my daughter around we ended up talking about nail designs and I can’t wait to execute them.  So, I think I have got some really good stuff coming plus we went to Sally’s and the craft store and oh my came up with some great ideas.  So, keep checking in.  Tuesday is like usually my “work day” where I do several manis and photograph and crop but I can’t believe this I woke up at 1:30 today.  So, even though I have like four post I’d love to do tonight.  I got to get back on my sleep schedule and get to sleep.  So, here is my Saturday Mani.  Hope you like it. 

 

DSCF2930

 

DSCF2926

 

DSCF2916

 

Well, ciao for now bellas,

Patty

 

If you like this blog, join the site but pressing the blue button on the left.

No comments: