Sunday, September 9, 2012

Buyer Beware!

 

I am writing this as a possible warning.  I can’t, well I kind of can explain what happened.  I bought the beautiful bottle of Scrangie from Rescue Beauty Lounge.  The polish is not cheap and the shipping is not cheap either total cost was around $26.00.  I loved this polish.  I swatched it and was waiting to start my blog and premiere one day.  I only have one Rescue Beauty Lounge polish and I do admit I forgot about it.  When I started the polish room I found it and said today I am going to wear this and take pictures to post it on my blog.  When I put it on it did not seem the same color.  I looked it up on the internet and something looked wrong.  Well something was wrong

 

DSCF1291

The left is what was in the bottle and the right swatch is the original color. 

What happened?  Have you ever owned a strand of pearls?  Ok, when I went and bought my first set of pearls.  I did my research.  I do know a lot about precious gems because I have had quite a few and consider any purchase of jewelry an investment but only looked up how to pick good pearls.  Did you know that pearls that are not perfectly round are less valuable than those that are not perfectly round?  I did when I went and picked my pearls.  I also bought the pearls from a man who knew everything about precious gems.  He brought out 4 strands and I picked the ones I wanted.  He smiled and said you’ve done your research this is the exact strand I would pick.  He said so you know that you cannot leave these in a dark place.  I did not know that.  He said yes keep them in a jewelry box but make sure that you have preferably beige or light pink interior.  Mine had beige and I asked him why.  He said that over time the pearls pick up the color of what they are place in.  If they are placed in a black interior you will get gray pearls which are pretty but I wanted the classic white strand of pearls.  So, I think that is what happened to this polish.

DSCF1292DSCF1293

Note that the box is dark inside.  I am square what happened to the polish is the same thing that would happen to pearls if I left them in.  Have you noticed that like Deborah Lippmann's polish come in a clear box.  Chanel boxes are black on the outside but white inside.  Nars has a black box with black interior.  Illamasqua black box white interior.  Zoya if it comes in a box comes in a black box with a regular cardboard color interior or clear box.  I am just saying this because to be safe I took all my Nars out of the box Illamasqua’s are still in their boxes.  I will be sending these pictures to Rescue Beauty Lounge,  they can’t even replace Scrangie but Scrangie herself said there is a Sephora dupe which I will probably settle for.   So, do what you do.  I am not saying take all nail polishes with dark interiors out of the box just saying be careful and remember tomorrow is the Ulta BOGO Butter London Sale.

 

Ciao bellas,

Patty

No comments: